In this series of virtual sessions, we will develop specific adaptation actions for a sample of projects within the broader San Bernardino Mountains focus area (demonstrations). These demonstrations will be used in a Climate-Informed Vegetation Management Plan to show how to translate broad adaptation ideas for the San Bernardino Mountains into specific, place-based actions. To do this participants will use the Adaptation Workbook to:
- Work with a project team to outline goals and objectives for a sample projects.
- Consider climate change impacts to the project area, and consider management challenges and opportunities.
- Develop specific, place based adaptation tactics.
- Discuss how different adaptation actions may apply to the broader San Bernardino Mountains focus area.
Below, please see materials from the Regional Forest Climate Conversation (May 28, 2020) and find a preliminary draft agenda for our fall virtual workshop.
Please RSVP directly to the calendar invites for this Workshop!
- American Forests
- Mojave Desert RCD
- USDA California Climate Hub