NIACS and the Forest Stewards Guild's webinar series focuses on forests and climate change adaptation. The series brings together scientists and managers to learn about and discuss emerging topics related to the effects of climate change on forest management, with a focus on forests in New England and New York. Each session explores the latest scientific information from someone actively researching the issue, followed by an example of a real-world management project.
Climate Change Refugia
Featuring Toni Lyn Morelli, Northeast Climate Adaptation Science Center and Rebecca Quinones and Brian Hawthorne, MassWildlife, on March 3, 2020.
Continuing education credits from the Society of American Foresters are offered for those whom attend the webinar. Contact Amanda Mahaffey for more information.
- Climate Change Refugia website - Refugia Research Coalition
- Northeast Climate Adaptation Science Center
- New England and northern New York forest ecosystem vulnerability assessment and synthesis.
- Climate Change Projections for Individual Tree Species in New England and Northern New York
- Brook Trout Occupancy and Water Temperaure Models via the Interactive Catchment Explorer
- Increasing Forest Resiliency for an Uncertain Future.Catanzaro et al. 2016.
- Forest management for mitigation and adaptation: insights from long-term silvicultural experiments.D’Amato et al. 2011.
- USDA Forest Service Climate Change Atlas
- Massachusetts State Wildlife Action Plan. 2015.
- Managing Climate Change Refugia for Climate Adaptation Morelli et al. 2016.
- National Individual Tree Species Atlas
- National Land Cover Database (NLCD) 2016
- Fire Effects Information System
- Vulnerability of eastern US tree species to climate change. Rogers et al. 2016.
- USDA Forest Service Forest Inventory & Analysis