Forest Adaptation Planning and Practices Online Training 2017
The Northern Institute of Applied Climate Science and the USDA Northern Forests Climate Hub are offering the popular Forest Adaptation Planning and Practices training as an online, seven-week course! The winter 2017 course will be held during January 16 - March 3, 2017 with a focus on New England and New York.
This unique opportunity provides hands-on training in considering climate change information and identifying adaptation actions for natural resources management and conservation. Participants will receive coaching and feedback on their own real-world climate adaptation project. The online Adaptation Workbook tool is featured, with special course features and additional materials.
Through this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify locally-important climate change impacts, challenges, and opportunities
- Develop specific actions to adapt forests to changing conditions
- Use the Adaptation Workbook to create their own “climate-informed” projects
- Better communicate with stakeholders about key climate change impacts, challenges, and opportunities
- Access post-training support from NIACS staff during project planning and implementation